Within the agedcare enviroment Ascom's solutions enable...
- Real time medical alarm delivery
- Nursecall integration
- Efficient communication to the patient bedside
- Quicker responses to medical emergencies
- Quicker responses to security threats
- Increased staff protection
- Protection for wandering patients
- Clinical grade handheld devices
Local care givers can be alerted in real-time, and immediately respond, if any medical observation equipment senses irregularities with a patient.
When patients press the nursecall button to summon assistance, a message with all the required information (i.e. bed number, ward identification, alarm type and time) is immediately dispatched to the local care givers. With a simple push of a button the care giver can immediately call the patients bedside telephone to inquire as to the nature of the request and either respond directly or organise a suitable response.
With simple to use and highly automated messaging and paging capabilities, Ascom's solutions enable rapid and robust broadcast notification of medical emergencies (e.g. cardiac arrest) and security threats (e.g. duress alarms, physical violence, wandering patient alerts and fire alarms) to staff regardless of their location.
In Dementia and Mental Health areas staff often operate in a violent environment. Ascom's Next Generation Duress System enables staff to work more confidently and securely because they carry the ultimate wireless duress handheld units used throughout hundreds of Australian and thousands of European hospitals and agedcare facilities.
Wandering prone residents in Dementia care areas can be fitted with an RFID tag so that when they move into proximity of the door mounted sensors an alert is raised. As an option the doors can also be automatically locked, and when the resident eventually moves away from the door sensor, the door is automatically unlocked again. While the door is temporarily locked the door-side control panel (or the Access Control system) can be used to exit or enter the door.
The Ascom wireless handheld units are specifically designed to be used in a clinical environment because...
- They are water, dust and drop resistant
- They can be sterilised with alcohol based wipes
- They are multi function devices that provide Telephony, Push-to-Talk (PTT), 2-Way-
Messaging and Next Generation Duress
- They are completely integrated with the DURAsuite clinical applications suite.
Within the agedcare environment Ascom typically integrates with the following external and management systems...
- Security (e.g. Fire, Access Control, Motion detection)
- Environmental control (e.g. BMS, HVAC, SCADA)
- Public Address
- Patient monitoring
- IPPBX and traditional PBX